Hot line : 599647050


Tsalenjikha, Megrelian " cendixa", Chanistskali Megrelian "Tsencherari" This name of the river and geographical point is confirmed by both Georgian and foreign sources. Tsalenjikha and its surroundings were the original settlement of western Georgian tribes.


From historical sources it is known that the municipality area was inhabited even while people used stone and bronze weapons. The western Georgian tribes living in Tsalenjikha lived from this age. This is indicated by this name and the name of the river "Chelenjikha", "Sandy" Tsalenjikha.


In the 10th and 11th centuries Tsalenjikha was a significant settlement of pavilion, confirming that by that time such great and important churches such as the Savior's Transfiguration Cathedral. Since then, the importance of Tsalenjik has grown so gradually that he became the only resident of Dadiani in the 13th and 14th centuries. There was a palace, a kitchen (treasure), and a tomb of the family. Such growth of the importance of Tsalenjik has caused the transfer of one of the most important episcopates of Odishi in Tsalenjikha in the 14th century. The construction of the Episcopal Center in Tsalenjikha led to the construction of Tsalenjikha Church and Tsalenjikha Church in the 14th century in Vladik Dadiani (1384-1396 BC) between Dadiani residences and Tsalenjikha long was one of the foremost.


Ac. Simon Janashia is undoubtedly considered to be a "weny" or a "saint" of one of the tribes of Chan-Mengrelian branches and non-existent giants. "Today's Megrelians received the name of this place and the fortress that belonged to them (Rain) and the river that was lying in the fortress (the water).


Materials about the Tsalenjikha past have been obtained from Inga Lortkipanidze's book - Tsalenjikha painting, Simon Janashia and Shota Meskhia's works


Share page